We make a difference where we work by joining the union. It’s how we win better pay and benefits. And it’s how we win a powerful voice for the public we serve.
Here’s how to join the union and power up:
- Click on the link below for your workplace. You’ll go to a page at PledgeUp.com, the platform Local 199 uses to manage member accounts.
- At the PledgeUp webpage, click on “Sign Up” to create an account. Please use your personal email, not a work email. After creating an account, you can then enter the other requested information and become a dues-paying member of the union.
- If possible, please use your checking or savings account to pay your union dues. You can use a credit or debit card, but the card companies take a fee from each transaction. By using your bank account, 100% of dues go to powering up our union.
- Finley Hospital Pledge Up Link
- Greater Regional Medical Center Pledge Up Link
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Pledge Up Link
- Cedar Rapids Schools Pledge Up Link
- Central Dewitt Schools Pledge Up Link
- Iowa City Schools Pledge Up Link
- Linn-Mar Schools Pledge Up Link
- North Scott Schools Pledge Up Link
- Pleasant Valley Schools Pledge Up Link
- Washington Schools Pledge Up Link
Why This New Way to Join the Union and Pay Dues?
In 2017, wealthy special interests passed an anti-union law in Iowa that banned public employees from having our union dues deducted from our paychecks. The goal of these special interests was to silence our voice at work and destroy our union. But that’s not happening.
We’re using the Pledge Up platform so Local 199 members can pay union dues directly from a bank account or credit card. This new way to pay dues is keeping our union strong, so we can keep winning better pay, better benefits and fairness at work.